4 Types of Intrusive Thoughts & How To Overcome Them | ES170
Do you ever find yourself in the midst of daily life, only to be suddenly interrupted by unsettling and seemingly random thoughts? Thoughts that range from disturbing images to irrational ideas, leaving you bewildered about their source and impact on your peace of mind.
At times, it’s easy to dismiss these thoughts as mere glitches in our complex brains. But what happens when these intrusive thoughts persist and multiply, raising concerns about your mental well-being?
Join me as I explore the realm of intrusive thoughts, unravel their mysteries, discuss their origins, and offer strategies to regain control over your mental landscape.
Dr. Friedemann’s Takeaways:
- Intro (00:00)
- Deeper Worry Thoughts (3:42)
- Replay Thoughts (4:12)
- Obsessive Thoughts (4:43)
- The More I Gave This Thought Attention, The More It Was Sticking In My Head (5:49)
- 90% Of People Have Weird Thoughts (7:34)
- Intrusive Thoughts Are From The Subconscious Mind (9:56)
- You Can Only Control How You Respond To Them (10:17)
- Intrusive Thoughts Are Not Fact (12:00)
- Nothing To Worry About (13:01)
- Look For Ways To Address It (18:09)
- Work On Rebuilding Trust In Yourself (19:40)
- Coming Back To Your Wholeness (21:27)
Friedemann Schaub, MD, PhD, is the award-winning author of The Fear + Anxiety Solution. Dr. Schaub has helped thousands of people with his Personal Breakthrough and Empowerment program to overcome their fear and anxiety by addressing the deeper, subconscious root causes of these emotional challenges.
Learn more at: https://DrFriedemann.com